Saturday, January 17, 2009

Sea Urchin

Hey Gang, slowly.:-)


Have you eaten the meat of the sea urchin (“tajom” in Visayan dialect)?
You should try it! It’s delicious…LOL

Sea foods are rich in iodine. Iodine helps to prevent the occurrence of goiter. Goiter is one of the common illnesses nowadays. (I guess I need enough iodine for my own sake.)
It’s not easy to get sea urchin from the water. It needs extra careful because its spines might harm you. And it is very painful to be injected by its spines. (I was once injected by its spines in my right hand. It bruised. I can’t write for days).

I approached two brave men to get sea urchin for me. Luckily, they got fatty meat of sea urchin. If it is fatty, it is yummy. (They said, if you want to eat a fatty and tasty meat of sea urchin, get it when the moon is full. So, check the calendar first before getting the sea urchin).

The men cleaned well the sea urchin. How? They put it all in a net. They rolled, rolled and rolled it on the water until no more or less spines can be seen. Because, the fewer spines the better to hold the sea urchin. Then, I can start enjoying its tasty and salty meat. Love to eat the meat of sea urchin especially with cooked cassava and camote.

No comments:

Relaxing Music for Your Soul

 Let me share with you compilation of relaxing music for your soul :-)

veta897 Headline Animator

Ads

My Blog List

CopySpace

Protected by Copyscape DMCA Copyright Protection

Total Pageviews

Flag Counter

free counters