Saturday, October 10, 2009

Ellen's Style:-)

She’s hilarious. Btw, who is she?
Ellen DeGeneres, with capital E D and G, is really the funniest person ever and witty too. I read her book, “My Point…And I Do Have One” published in the year of 1995. Old book, right? I bought it last August 31 at Limketkai, Cagayan de Oro City. It was in the sale section with 50% discount. I ask the sales lady if she could just give this book for free. I am begging her. She constantly shook her head and said “no”.

In this book, Ellen interviewed people whom she thinks can help her to fill in the great gaps of her “first memory”.

She interviewed Rita Bangs, an inspiring coffee importer. The interview goes like this:

Ellen: when you think of me in New Orleans during the 1970’s, what comes most to mind?Rita: Your older sister was prettier than youand a lot more popular. But you were smarter.
Ellen:I don't have an older sister. I have an older brother.
Rita: Whatever. Anyway, your father took your family on a trip to a resort. You were his favorite. He always called you Baby.
Ellen: Really?
Rita: Oh yes. The waiters at the resort were all these good-looking college guys. But you fell in love with the dance instructor, even though your father hated him bec he thought he got some girl pregnant. But your father ended up liking him when he saw the two of you dance at the big show at the resort.
Ellen: That's not my life. That's the movie Dirty Dancing.
Rita: No, I'm pretty sure it's your life.
Ellen: Really?
Rita: No. But it was a good movie.
Ellen: Do you even know me?
Rita: Not in so many words. But I'm a big fan. Do you know how I can meet Patrick Swayze?
Ellen: No. Thanks for meeting with me. You were no help at all.
Rita: You're welcome.

Here is another interview done by Ellen with Dr. Max Fenetre.

Ellen:So, what would you like to tell about myself?
Dr. Max: I'll tell you, but only if I can be the person in italics.
Ellen: No. The person who asks the questions is in italics. That's how it's done.
Dr. Max: But I'm a doctor and therefore have much more authority than you. Ergo, I should be in italics.
Ellen: I did all my interview in italics. I'm not going to change now.
Dr. Max: HOW ABOUT IN BOLD AND ALL CAPITALS, LIKE THIS?
Ellen: No, it would be too distracting.
Dr. Max: That's it, interview's over. Get out of my office, you italics hog.
Ellen: YEAH, WELL GOOD-BYE TO YOU. HA HA HA

No comments:

Relaxing Music for Your Soul

 Let me share with you compilation of relaxing music for your soul :-)

veta897 Headline Animator

Ads

My Blog List

CopySpace

Protected by Copyscape DMCA Copyright Protection

Total Pageviews

Flag Counter

free counters