Thursday, February 12, 2009

RAT

Unfortunately, SES chose as one of the sample schools to be tested by the so called- Regional Achievement Test (RAT) on February 10.

I woke up very early at 4 A.M. I lit a lamp ( I'm scared of "not like ours"). 4 A.M. is not my usual time to wake up but because of this RAT, I had to. I kept yawning...but I had to be awake, alive and enthusiastic as possible because it's gonna be a busy and tiring day for the three of us ( I have 2 colleagues).

It was a cloudy day. The sun shone shyly. The ground was wet due to the-never-ended rain. It is always raining here in the city. Flood and mud are my best buddies these days.

At 6:30, the Principal texted me, "We are heading for SES. Prepare breakfast. We have a visitor from Butuan City." Me: "Ok, Sir". Not really ok, I was not eating my breakfast yet I have to prepare breakfast for the visitors. Wattahh! I ate my food as fast as I could. I informed my two colleagues about the message I received. They worried or should I say, tensed. They kept me asking what to do. Lah!...me too couldn't think what to prepare though we prepared food but it intended for the lunch not for the breakfast. Principal: "We are about to reach SES." I sigh. So, this is it! This is really is it! I was so nervous. I kept telling my angels to be good and polite.

At 7:30, the visitor's motorboat anchored at the pier. They are four males. Three are young principals including our principal and one from Butuan, an English Supervisor. After eating their breakfast, they immediately conducted the test. The test covered all the major subjects- English, Science, Mathematics, Filipino and Makabayan. Luckily, my angels were excluded in the test. Good for me huh! Minus stress for my part. It took 4 hours for the Grade 3 pupils to finish the test and 5 hours for the grade six pupils to finish the test. I heard one pupil murmured because the test was so difficult. No wonder. The MPS of the test they took was in the unmastered level. The principal urged us to double our time to review and review for the next test to be conducted this March, which is the NAT.

SES is one of the low performing schools in the division . YES, we are. Not a good year for threel of us..tsktsktsktsk

No comments:

Relaxing Music for Your Soul

 Let me share with you compilation of relaxing music for your soul :-)

veta897 Headline Animator

Ads

My Blog List

CopySpace

Protected by Copyscape DMCA Copyright Protection

Total Pageviews

Flag Counter

free counters