Friday, May 4, 2012

Revisiting Magpupungko

I was in Pilar, Siargao Island last May 2009 with college friends. That time, Pilar was not yet given a priority by the local government. Last April 30, 2012, I revisited the said place. There was a little difference on the setting of place the first time I visited it than today.

The main tourists attraction in Pilar is the so-called Magpupungko. It is called Magpupungko because of the big rock squatting another rock. Confusing? Take a look at this photo.
Photo credits: http://itsbarbeey.blogspot.com
I was with Rose and Neophe. Rose and Neophe live near Pilar. We rode motorcycle heading to Pilar. We used the motorcycle of Rose, but, Neophe was the driver. And me was the back rider. I guess we spent more than 30 minutes on the road before we reach Magpupungko. Not all roads are concrete. Mostly are rough roads so better bring hat/cap or anything that can cover your face  to avoid eating all the dust heading Pilar.











Rose and Neophe




Local tourists

 Unfortunately, I have not witnessed the real meaning of magpupungko. It is because everytime I visit the place, it is not low tide. Magpupungko is best place to visit if it is low tide.

No comments:

Relaxing Music for Your Soul

 Let me share with you compilation of relaxing music for your soul :-)

veta897 Headline Animator

Ads

My Blog List

CopySpace

Protected by Copyscape DMCA Copyright Protection

Total Pageviews

Flag Counter

free counters