Monday, May 14, 2012

Food for the Summer: Watermelon and Sweet Potato

We are now in the mid of May. Summer is nearly over. Rain comes out sometimes unexpectedly in the middle of the day. But, it still hot and my sweats keep on pouring out. Thirsty comes next. During this time, I need to quench my thirst, one thing comes out from my mind is cold watermelon. Watermelon is best during summer. It is sweet. Love it especially if it is cold.


According to www.whfoods.com, watermelon contains 20.5% of vitamin C which is good for reducing agent in hydroxylation reactions in the body, 17.2% of vitamin A which is good for the eyes, 4.8% of potassium which is important for pH and fluid balance in your body, 3.8% of magnesium which serves important functions to the contraction and relaxation of the muscles, and  2% of calories which gives us energy.

Wow, watermelon is not only for quenching thirst but full of nutrients that needed by our body. Another food that makes me excited during summer is sweet potato. Yes, you read it right. Sweet potato is best  "baon" if you are picnicking at the beach.

www.whfoods.com stated that, sweet potato contains vitamin C, vitamin A, manganese, vitamin B6, tryptophan, potassium, fiber, vitamin B5, copper, vitamin B3, and calories.

Stay healthy!

2 comments:

Туры в США said...

What a wonderful travel blog! I found lots of necessary info from your blog. Just bookmarked your blog for more explore! Thanx a lot for sharing.

veta said...

Thank you so much for visiting my lil home.

Relaxing Music for Your Soul

 Let me share with you compilation of relaxing music for your soul :-)

veta897 Headline Animator

Ads

My Blog List

CopySpace

Protected by Copyscape DMCA Copyright Protection

Total Pageviews

Flag Counter

free counters